5ks for Clara - Nevada
While Dave and I were in Las Vegas for the Backstreet Boys concert, we were thrilled to plan our 5K for Clara in the state of Nevada!
We were a little concerned because running in Nevada in August can be brutally hot, and we knew temps were up to 115 degrees during the day. However, we are a brave couple and we kept in mind how brave our Clara was during her entire lifetime!
The morning of August 15th, 2026, we woke up early, following an amazing experience at the sphere, and laced up our running shoes. As we headed out to the park, we expressed gratitude for the fact that it had rained the night prior, which had cooled the morning.
The theme of the run was “Will Run for Bagels.” I personally love a good bagel, and during the summer, there are not many 5Ks hosted in Las Vegas, so beggars can’t be choosers in that regard. Bagels it Was!
It was 88 degrees at the start line and with a hearty handful of people, we enjoyed a nice run in a cute little park outside the city of Las Vegas. At the last turn of the race, I splashed a bottle of water on Dave and he splashed me right back. We were hot by the end of that race!! I enjoyed a nice raisin bagel with cream cheese afterward and couple bottles of water. Dave wrung the sweat from his shirt and we drove back home to Colorado :)
I'm not sure where our next race will take us, but I think we need to focus on the Eastern side of the US lol!!





Comments
Post a Comment